Monday, December 13, 2010

Just Waiting for Bad News...

I dutifully did my progesterone suppositories and went for my scheduled beta this morning even though I know in my heart this didn't work. The only thing that has me confused is that I don't have my period, which is weird for me.

After going through 5 transfers, being pregnant twice, and not being pregnant many more times, you'd think I would have complete clarity on whether or not a cycle worked. In fact, I feel like I really know my body well. However, this 2ww definitely confused me. I knew in my heart from about 8dpt that I wasn't pregnant. I didn't have any of the symptoms I've had in the past; however, every other BFN cycle, I got my period before my scheduled beta. This time, nothing. Not even one tiny bit of spotting. I was doing 2 Cr.i.none suppositories per day and maybe that level of progesterone was just higher than in the past so it held off AF. What was also completely strange (TMI WARNING) is that on Saturday, I found some bits of gray matter that had come out on the suppository stick, which I have come to know from my miscarriages to be fetal matter. I tried to act like I didn't see it. I tried to convince myself that maybe that wasn't it because after all, I wasn't bleeding. But deep down, I know what I saw.

So, it's now 3pm and I finally broke down and called my RE's office. Usually they call by noon. I held off on any pills or suppositories today because I feel like they were a waste, but it's late, so if by some crazy chance I am wrong, I need to know! They said they haven't seen the lab report and would make some calls and get back to me. So I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment