Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2 Blasts Transferred, 2 in the Freezer

Everything went smooth at my FET yesterday, aside from the fact that my doctor was 1 HOUR late and I almost peed my pants! During that wait, I talked to the head of the IVF Center, who is such a gem. He has been just amazing through this whole process. He said they thawed 2 of the blastocysts that morning and 1 didn't do well, so they thawed a third. We ended up with 1 "good" blastocyst and 1 "fair" one. He didn't provide me numbers. He said he was very encouraged by the one and wouldn't rule the other one out. We joked that these little ones would be like Superman if they make it after all the trauma they have been through (and yep, they are both boys!) Gotta love what PGD tells you! So, we shall see. Here are the pics of my beauties. You'll notice they are hatching...part of that is because of holes that were lasered for the PGD biopsy.


On to the 2ww. My first beta isn't until 12/13. Isn't that kind of late??

5 comments:

  1. That does seem a little late for testing?? Can you ask them to move it up 2 days??

    I have a question re: PGD. Does you doctor know why the embryos don't implant if they are genetically normal??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I have been told is that embryo development is completely separate from whether or not the embryo is genetically normal. So, you could have beautiful looking embryos but be chromosomally messed up or you could have a not-so-hot looking embryo that is genetically normal. PGD helps you to choose the genetically normal ones, even if they aren't the best looking ones, because then at least they have a shot of making it. After our last PGD cycle, when we transferred 2 normal embryos, I was devastated that they didn't make it. It doesn't seem to make sense, but I guess they just all grow and develop differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! congrats! they're beautiful! and boys! yay! i don't know the gender of mine, but i'm good with that.

    so for all of my FETs, my betas were always 12dp. i think it has something to do with potentially later implanting? for this fresh cycle my 1st beta was 12dp and i thought that was so late! will you POAS?

    good luck! good luck! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, I just looked back at my previous cycles and all three times my beta was 11dp. Now that I look at the calendar, I bet it's because 11dp is on the weekend, so i have to wait until Monday. UGH. I will prob POAS that weekend.
    Yeah - so the boys situation....I didn't exactly WANT to find out - I was reading the PGD report and saw XY, XY, XY next to all of them! I wanted to cover my eyes and take back finding out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed that the lil guys do their thing and give you those two lines!

    ReplyDelete