Friday, January 7, 2011

Prenatal Vitamins

I have been taking pre-natal vitamins for like 4 years now because like a good girl, I started even before I was trying to conceive. When I started with my RE I switched from an over-the-counter vitamin to a prescription. Since then, the pharmacy has switched my vitamin like 3 or 4 times because the brand keeps changing or selling out or something. Anyway, a few months ago, I got yet another new one. I take 2 pills every day- I think one is the vitamins and the other is a gel cap, which is the DHA/amino acids. The pills are like horse pills (HUGE!) and I'm not sure if it's the new brand or the pregnancy, but they make me so sick. The only time I have actually thrown up this pregnancy was shortly after I took my vitamins. I called my doctor and they suggested trying to take them with a small meal/snack, which has helped some. They didn't seem to have a preference on another brand. Does anyone have a recommendation?

6 comments:

  1. I usually take prenatals after dinner and before bed. But i use over the counter ones. So not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i take mine with lunch (about to swallow 'em down right now!). i take citra natal and it's 2 pills and one is a gelcap. i don't have any problems but i know everyone is different. i literally take mine the minute i finish lunch. you could consider taking them at dinner so if you feel bad you just sleep through it.

    how are you feeling besides that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been taking them at bedtime, but the last week or so, I moved it up and starting taking at dinner. It has helped some, but I pretty much feel terrible from then on through the time I go to sleep. Aside from that, still feeling pretty good. A little bloated and burpy and super sore boobs, but I really can't complain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take an over-the-counter one -- NatureMade with DHA.

    I'm counting the days with you until your next appointment. It's coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My OB put me on prescription prenaties, too. CitraAssure....2 horsepills (one gel with the DHA, one white one with all of the other good stuff). They sound a lot like yours! I tend to take them between din and bedtime and haven't had any issues....but I am the world's weirdest person, I have learned, b/c I really don't get many symptoms/reactions to hormones and meds etc etc. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... Vitamins for Nails

    ReplyDelete