Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Update from the Slug

So, not too much has been going on around here. I am just biding my time and trying to patiently wait until my next doctor's appointment...although I'm not doing too well on the patient part. I have been feeling pretty good. The bloating, nausea, indigestion kind of comes and goes and the only thing consistent are my poor sore boobs. I started wearing a sports bra to bed because they were waking me up in the middle of the night from turning over.

I was talking to my hubby about a week ago about my symptoms. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: I am surprised I am not more tired. I hear all these stories of women that can barely make it through the work day. I don't feel that tired.
Hubby: What do you mean? You are either groaning about getting up, talking about sleeping or you are sleeping or laying down. You are kind of like a slug.

We had a good laugh about it and the more I thought about it, the more I felt like a slug. Bending over to pick up things seems difficult. Mustering up the energy for laundry and dishes is difficult and would require getting my arse off the couch. I do feel like I am just moving slower. In the past, I was extremely active and zipped around and took care of everything. So I guess come to think of it, I have been a little slug-like!

I keep inspecting my belly and wondering if my bump has arrived. I'm a pretty petite person, and hearing others stories, I feel like I should be showing more. Instead, I just feel totally frumpy with this bloated pooch belly. When I sit down, I just feel fat. I just want a sign...something...to tell me everything is still ok.

4 comments:

  1. continue being sluggish so the time to 1/27 flies by! i'm still feeling fine - no m/s, sore-ish boobs, no exhaustion - so don't forget, that nothing can still mean things are good too! thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone experiences pregnancy differently. Some puke the WHOLE time. Some NEVER puke at all. Buy some cute "high waisted" dresses...they make everything better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ab muscles are strong -- it's too early for you to be showing. I hope your DH's "slug" comment was reassuring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog and thought I would pop in and say HI! I can't wait to hear how the rest of your pregnancy goes!

    ReplyDelete