Thursday, January 27, 2011

11 weeks, OB Physical

Another check in the box. Can you hear my huge sigh of relief? I went for my physical today and everything went fine.

A couple of the highlights....
I warned the doctor about my progesterone suppository "build up" so he wasn't completely freaked out during the pap. I didn't tell him that I tried to clean things out a little, but a gal can only do so much! So, during the pap, the first thing he says is, "It looks like you may have a yeast infection." I open my mouth to remind him about the progesterone and then he remembers what I told him. I felt like saying, "I tried to warn you!!" Apparently I started bleeding fairly bad during the pap. He called my cervix "aggressive" and asked if I had been bleeding during intercourse. I told him no intercourse lately...my husband wasn't really interested in a progesterone cottage cheese dip stick (sorry for the visual). Scratch that - I wasn't interested in it! Then after the pap is done, he looks back at my chart, notices I'm on baby aspirin, and says "ahhh, that's probably why all the bleeding." So, I have now been cleared of a yeast infection and an aggressive cervix. Things are looking up!

During the breast exam, he asked if my breasts were leaking at all. Answer = no. Yipes! Apparently I may have that to look forward to!

Then at the end, they listened with the doppler for the heartbeats. He was a bit nervous because 11 weeks is kind of early to hear them and knew I would freak out if we couldn't hear, but the cubs didn't disappoint. We heard the first one and then he moved the ultrasound over and heard the other one. Honestly, I didn't know if we were still listening to the first one, but he seemed to move back and forth and thought we were hearing both, so I was happy with that! He commented, "it really helps that your skinny because we have a better chance of hearing the heartbeat." Thatta boy!! Now that talk is more like it! Too bad I feel fatter than I ever have in my life!

Anyway, another big breath. One week until the nuchal ultrasound. I'm starting to feel more excited and less nervous all the time! I am scared to let my guard down, but I also want to try and enjoy this. Every positive step is affirmation that this IS happening. HOLY CRAP!!!

9 comments:

  1. I had to laugh reading this b/c I got a pap at 9 weeks and this is what happened to me, too! It took the OB AND the midwife to find my cervie in that cottage cheese mess of Crinone. Seriously, it was outrageous. Don't be alarmed if you spot for a day or two b/c of the pap. They were all up in my grill and I had some spotting (toooooooooooottally freaked me out) for a couple days after. Warm baths helped to flush some of the blood and progesterone build-up out.

    Yip for an awesome appt!!!! Your NT scan is going to go PERFECTLY, promise. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughed out loud when I read this: progesterone cottage cheese dip stick. Hi-larious.

    I'm so glad you got to hear their heartbeats. I remember crying the first time I heard my sons.

    As for feeling fat...I felt that way up until 24 weeks (which should be sooner for you carrying twins) when I actually had a BUMP that was discernably pregnant....I felt GREAT then. I would wear all of my regular dresses (they were stretchy cotton summer stuff) and rubbing my belly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for hearing two beautiful heartbeats! i think you'll be able to breathe after next week's NT scan. something changed for me after that appt. i'm ready to scream to the world! :)

    so glad your appt went well. and yes, THIS IS HAPPENING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! It must be very nice to have that out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, you're more than a quarter of the way there! Especially because twins average 37 weeks. I can't wait until you can feel them move; then you'll get great reassurance multiple times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two heartbeats? Squeeee! It must be such a relief to hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah for 2 heartbeats!!! such a relief. also, i gave you a blog award. go check it out on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ideal first step for women having difficulty falling pregnant test can be done in the privacy of your home with Ovulation Kit just type in Google home check Ovulation Kit then Plan your pregnancy as you like you can now choose your time and date of pregnancy

    ReplyDelete