Monday, January 31, 2011

3 Cheers for the end of meds!

I graduated yesterday. No more progesterone up the crotch. No more estradiol. No more baby aspirin. HOORAY! Too bad I would trade those damn-vitamin-horse-pills-that-make-me-gag for the teeny tiny estradiol or baby aspirin any day! Unfortunately, that's not how things work. There is a small part of me that sees those things, particularly the progesterone, as a security blanket and it feels a bit weird to stop, but everything I have heard and read is that the babies don't need it anymore, so I am generally ok with it.

I spent time this weekend checking out baby items online - cribs, carseats, strollers, nursery set ups. I am a total research fanatic and overanalyze everything and with the abundance of stuff we are going to need, I feel like I want to get started, particularly because a) I am clueless; and b) I feel like twins have their nuances and I can't just ask friends (they have singletons). I can feel myself getting all into it and yet there is this subtle reminder in the back of my head warning me to be careful and maybe I shouldn't be doing this yet. The deeper I go, the more it's going to hurt if things fall apart. The ongoing catch 22.

The other thing I am spending oodles of time on is analyzing my belly. I must pull up my shirt about 3 times a day and ask my hubby if my belly looks bigger. I know I am going to be eating my words at some point, but right now, I CANNOT WAIT to have a cute little baby bump! And, please just let me dream for a minute that it will not include my ass getting huge and all kinds of other expansions...just my little basketball belly please! : ) In all seriousness, it is really weird...my belly looks fairly small in the morning and then by the end of the day, it's all full. It as if everything I ate is just sitting there on top and then by morning it is digested. Very weird. I am definitely in my pants reserved for when I feel fat, but no sign of needing maternity clothes anytime soon.

The big event of this week is the nuchal U/S. I am mostly excited, but still a little nervous. I think this is going to be the last big appointment for a while, and we'll be at 12 weeks, so I'm feeling like if everything is ok, we should be ready to "come out" about our pregnancy. But then why don't I feel ready? We need to tell my husband's family (still haven't done that...whoops!) and I'll probably tell a few close friends, but I'm not sure I am going to tell anyone beyond that. Is that weird??

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    Congrats on your twins!!

    Enjoy the scan this week, this allowed DH to be in the room for the entire thing, we got to see our little blobby looking like an actual baby and moving all over the place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a less goopy hoo-ha! And, yep, now you've got this big rockin' placenta doing all the work the supplementals were helping with.

    Here's my suggestion for how to tell people (whenever you feel good and ready -- not it's not weird):

    http://www.cafepress.com/+marcopolo_maternity_tshirt,187966157

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for an award on my blog. I really appreciate the support you have given me and I am excited that we can go through our pregnancies together...THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete