Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Still Plodding Along

I went to the doctor yesterday. I am still plodding along, which is great news at this point. My blood pressure was about the same as last week and the urine test came back ok. They want me to start going in twice a week for monitoring just to be sure the preeclampsia signs don't get worse.

The babies are staying right on that 10th percentile line. Baby A was 4 lb 15 oz. and Baby B was 5 lb. 2 oz. Baby A is head down and Baby B is breech. They are in the same position they were 2 1/2 weeks ago, so most likely that's how they are going to stay. I have a pretty big decision to make if I was to try a vaginal delivery. I feel like kind of a quitter, but I think if the babies stay in their current positions that I might opt for a c-section. I just feel like the worst case scenario is to do 1 vaginally and 1 c-section and it just feels like that is the path I am headed down. After A delivers, they would have to try and turn Baby B, or a few doctors in the practice will do a breech extraction where they reach in your uterus and pull Baby B out by the feet, but they said they do not do them often and there are risks, namely head entrapment, which sounds super scary to me. And all of these options require time. If Baby B is stressed, they have to deliver ASAP. So, it just seems there are so many scenarios where Baby B gets delivered by c-section. Maybe I am crazy, but I just don't want to be in labor all day, vaginally deliver A and then end up with a c-section after all. Am I "giving up" too easy? Any thoughts???

No comments:

Post a Comment