Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Numbers in my Infertility Journey

While I was at it, I decided to summarize some other key numbers in my infertility journey:


  • 4 fresh IVF cycles

  • 3 frozen cycles

  • 74 eggs retrieved

  • 57 fertilized eggs

  • 10 embryos transferred

  • 3 pregnancies

  • 2 miscarriages

  • 2 embryos left in freezer

  • 3 years of my life

  • 42 thousand dollars
but the best part and what makes it all worth it....


  • 2 babies in my belly
PS - At some point, I am determined to figure out how many needles I have been stuck with and how many ultrasound cams up my crotch!

7 comments:

  1. How did you get by so relatively inexpensively--not saying that $42k is inexpensive by any stretch of the imagination. 1 fresh ivf/pgd cycle here is $20k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the shared risk program, so higher cost upfront, but it included up to 4 fresh cycles. Their policy was take home a baby or your money back (less drugs). I used all 4 cycles and you're absolutely right....that "insurance" was the only thing that allowed us to keep trying because we never could have afforded it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! And, yeah, a needle-stick count would just reiterate what a ROCK STAR you are! Love that last number. I can't wait to *meet* your little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for writing this. it gives me hope. i'm so thrilled for you. (Tippy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. I just tallied my 2010 expenses for taxes and all I can say is ouch! Except you're right, it's worth every penny now that I have 2 squirming babies in my belly.

    And to count the dates with the dildocam! Haha, I don't want to know how many dates I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey--Thanks for the comment on my blog and for keeping up with me this whole process:> It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOtally worth all of the pain and pennies (gulp).

    Hey, your wish is my command. :) I just penned a post about all of the twin gear we're loving. Of course you know you can always email me if you want to chat or have Qs! I'm def not an expert, but 8 weeks in, I have some opinions. xoxo

    ReplyDelete