Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Advocacy Day & Infertility Costs

I am getting ready to participate in RES.OLVE's Advocacy Day in Washington DC next week, which I am really excited about. I always knew I wanted to do more to help with infertility awareness, but I was always so broken and battered in my own journey, that I didn't feel like I had the strength to do it...or maybe I wanted to appear that I had my shit together. I finally feel like I am at the place where I am ready to give back. I was debating about participating (taking time off work, battling the DC traffic, dealing with politics, which I generally dislike), but I read the words in the email that was sent that said, "If you don't do it, who will?" and it just spoke to me. I just think it is so important that people/legislators understand the truth about infertility and that we do everything we can to provide financial assistance for treatment. This process has been so difficult for us, and I am determined to do whatever I can to make it just a little less difficult for those who walk in this path after us.

I thought it would be a good idea to pull together the numbers on what I have spent on infertility treatment to date. Here are the mind-boggling numbers:


Doctor’s Visits $ 2,415
Prescription Drugs $ 7,584
Anesthesiologist $ 1,600
IVF $22,000
Lab Work $ 1,703
PGD $ 7,400
$42,702

OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment