Monday, April 11, 2011

21.5 weeks - More than Half Way!

It is hard to believe I am more than half way through this pregnancy. I feel like I am just starting to enjoy it. The constant kicks and nudges from these babies has been amazing. I went to the doctor last week for an ultrasound and detailed check of the hearts and everything looked great. I still have no idea how the doctor knows if they are looking at Baby A or Baby B! Baby B did in fact flip after the last ultrasound so Baby A is head down and Baby B is feet down. We witnessed Baby A kicking his brother in the head. Nice! I had a bit of a scary moment during the ultrasound. I was there for what felt like for.ever and while I think I could look at them all day, I started sweating and feeling naseous during the exam. I tried to wait it out and kept thinking it would soon be over, and finally started squirming a little to try and get comfortable. The doctor asked if I was ok. I told him I wasn't feeling well and he said that is really common if you are on your back too long because it compresses a major blood vessel..so I was able to roll on my side and they finished the ultrasound in that position, which was MUCH better. They told me at the appointment that both babies were measuring right on track, but after looking at the detailed print out after I left, I see that one baby is measuring about 3 days behind my due date and the other about 6 days behind. I know I probably shouldn't worry because that's not very far off, but I just hope they don't continue to fall further and further behind. I guess I always thought multiples were smaller because they were born early, but maybe they are slower to grow too?? Any of you multiple mommies out there know? I have already gained 20 lbs, which seems like a ton to me! I had a girls weekend and one of my friends who is due a day apart from me is barely showing. I know I have 2 in there, but talk about feeling like a cow! That being said, I still love my belly. I dreamed of having this belly for so long so I am just trying to savor this time. Now the humongo boobs I could do without. LOL! I had finally been starting to sleep better the last week or so, but I broke that trend last night. I wake up in the middle of the night, get up to pee and then start thinking about a million things. I usually lay there for about an hour and then a lot of times, I just go ahead and get up and start paying bills, filing papers, doing laundry, watering plants (all the things that need to be done, but I haven't had time). I sometimes look at the clock that stares back 4:30am at me and wonder what the heck I am doing, but I hate just laying there and not being able to sleep. Of course, I then get tired right about 6:30am when I need to get ready for work. Lovely! Things are still crazy busy at work, we are still trying to figure out car situation, house situation (we might be moving), hiring someone for our business to help fill in for me...feels like so many major decisions in our life right now. I had been handling it well, but finally broke down in tears last week. And once the floodgates opened, I couldn't get them stopped. I wasn't even sure why I was crying but I couldn't stop. Luckily my hubby was awesome and made me feel better - he is always my rock pulling me through the rough spots. Overall, I am doing great though and enjoying the 2nd trimester!

6 comments:

  1. sorry about the scary moment during your u/s! i've heard that can happen. glad to know what it feels like now, huh? congrats on making it to more than half way! eep! hope your life decisions work out well and so glad that hubby has been so awesome. thinking of you. (Kathleen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see this beautiful long post from you. The kiddos seem to be having fun already. Enjoy the weight gain, the kicks and everything else that you have been waiting so long for, and totally deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe how fast time flies! I love that you're enjoying every single thing about this pregnancy....you sound so positive even through the weight gain, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too know all about the on the back ultrasound awful discomfort - you would think that they would prop a wedge under us or something so we wouldn't have to start feeling faint before they did anything about it. Congrats on being 21+ weeks! Time is flying, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, other people's pregnancies go really fast!

    I love getting these updates about your lovies. I hope you keep on feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad everything went well at your appointment! I can't wait to feel my baby move, I'm sure its really exciting!

    ReplyDelete