Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thankful for NOT knowing

I go in for my ultrasound to see how the eggs are coming along. My doctor reads my chart from his partner's report of my weekend ultrasound and says, "He wrote that you should have 6-12 eggs ...that is a heck of a range." So, he checks things out and it turns out that he thinks I will get 12-14.

If I had known I might only have 6 eggs, I think I would have cried all weekend. Don't get me wrong - I understand some people would love to have 6...it's just when you are dealing with PGD and our odds, you need a heck of a lot more than that to make the numbers work.

Usually I want to know EVERYTHING. In this case, I'm glad I didn't know what that doctor wrote this weekend!! Not a darn thing I could do about it and I would have been a basket case!


Trigger shot tonight!! Egg retrieval on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment