Thursday, September 23, 2010

"But We're Worried about YOU"

My Mom and Dad are great. They really are. But sometimes, they totally frustrate me. Whenever I share information about my IVF cycles, they are so worried about me - what kind of long term effect the stimulation might be doing to me, concern over the egg retrieval, hate to hear if I am in any type of discomfort. I really tell them because a) I know they care; and b) they always lend an ear and provide support. But, sometimes it is so frustrating hearing, "As much as we want a grandchild, we want YOU to be safe. You are the most important thing to us." And I feel like yelling, "I understand that. And I want to feel that much love for a child someday too!"


I know they can't help it because I am their daughter and they love me, but don't they want me to be happy too?

No comments:

Post a Comment