Friday, February 11, 2011

Being on the Other Side

I am pregnant.
I dreamed of this for years and finally it looks like things might work out this time.
And I feel guilty.

Two of my favorite bloggers recently got BFN's and my heart is just breaking for them.

Why was I chosen?
Is it pure luck?
Is it like Vegas and I lost so many times that odds finally had to be me in my favor?
Yeah, I went through hell and back and felt it surely must be "my time" but it is for these amazing ladies and for so many other people, so I can't make sense of it.

It breaks my heart to read of others failed cycles.
I seriously feel like it could have just as easily been me.
I really thought that I was one of those people that this just wasn't going to work out for.

I want to provide support, but yet I know that my name can't come across the screen without the thought of, "She's pregnant. She can't understand."
I did the same thing.

I just wish I could articulate to everyone still in the trenches how much my heart goes out to you.
I know you don't feel this, but I am one of you.
I always will be.
And I pray your time is just around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. Of course you deserve happiness, we all do. You actually give us hope, if nobody ever got pregnant it would be a lot more depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments and love are fantastic support. Thank you for your words. They mean the world to us still in the trenches. ((( hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soo sweet :) Your being on the other side gives us in the trenches (like Kathleen said) hope that one day we will make it out. And knowing that you will be there to give us a helping hand and emotional support means the world!

    ReplyDelete