Monday, February 21, 2011

14 weeks

There hasn't been a whole heck of a lot to report. I have been feeling well minus the stupid dull headaches that seem to appear every day. I am trying to drink more (which I struggle with) and hoping that will help.

The belly seems to be growing some. Still fairly soft, but pooched out quite a bit that even my pants reserved for "fat days" are getting snug.

I splurged on a new bra. My normal bras with underwires were cutting in my boobs and leaving awesome red marks that started to make me concerned that I'd never produce any milk (that was sarcastic in case you couldn't tell...ok, at least half sarcastic. The paranoia never seems to end).

I hung out with a friend this weekend and took a trip to Babies R' Us to get some things for her kids. While we were there, I was asking her questions about car seats, strollers, etc. I feel like I want to look for that stuff because I am still feeling pretty clueless about the choices out there and I've already talked about how I analyze everything a million ways before buying something. But, I found that it felt weird. Other women were there with their big pregnant bellies and couples were registering...they looked like they belonged there. I felt totally out of place.

Another moment like that was in the maternity store. We don't have any real maternity stores nearby, so while I was visiting my friend, I popped in the mall to their maternity store. I am trying to figure out if I should just buy bigger sizes in regular clothes or buy maternity clothes. I was kind of thinking it would be good to buy things that are stretchy and could grow with me so I am not constantly outgrowing and having to buy new stuff. So, anyway, I ventured to the maternity store to just check out what was there. Again, I was surrounded by adorable pregnant bellies. I pulled a couple of things off the rack and the lady in the store said, "Did you want to try those on or are these a gift?" Awesome.

I feel like I am in this weird in-between stage right now where I am pregnant and feel like I should be doing things to prepare, but it's not obvious to the outside world yet, so I feel intimidated and out of place. I am guessing that some of this is in my own head and I shouldn't be so insecure. I am also wondering if I am being too much of a crazy planning lady and should let the stuff go until later, but I started doing the math and it freaked me out. They say to allow for 14 weeks for your crib to come in. I am hoping that the babies don't come until full-term, but for reality sake, I feel like I better have them by about 30-32 weeks just in case. So, we are talking that I need to order at like 16-18 weeks. That's 2-4 weeks from now! I barely even feel like this is really happening, nevermind ordering cribs in a few weeks. EEK!

Hoping things will start to feel more comfortable and natural before long.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Debbie, it must be so exciting being able to visit a maternity store or a baby shop without the urge to want to run away from there! 14 weeks...wow time seems to go by so fast. I hope you are able to ease in to the feeling of "im going to be a mother soon". Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet it feels weird to be in those stores after infertility. i feel like i still won't believe that i'm actually there, buying stuff for myself, ya know? glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! I'm almost 10 weeks and I live far away from Babies R Us and Maternity stores and I feel like I should start "stocking up" too! I'm glad everything is going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete