Friday, November 5, 2010

Crème de la Crème

The extremely talented and infamous LollipopGoldstein has opened up the "Creme de la Creme" for this year. If you aren't familiar, you definitely need to check it out. It's basically the best infertility blog posts of the year!

I have read many blog posts over my years of infertility, but never decided to blog on my own until recently. I think you long-term bloggers call it "lurking" although I did leave comments periodically ; )

Anyhoo....I decided to check out some of the posts on the Creme de la Creme list from 2009 and guess what I found?????

TONS of these folks from the 2009 Creme de la Creme HAVE BABIES!

Now some of them had babies at the time, but many of them were right in the midst of their infertility struggles.

What made it especially powerful is that I clicked on the link to the article that was selected for the Creme list. Many times, I read about their pain, their struggles, the anger, the sadness....the raw emotion that earned that spot on the Creme list....and then I clicked on their header to see what they were up to now....
and time after time, it was their newborn baby.

I stumbled upon one, and thought, "Hmmm, isn't that neat? Here she was blogging in 2009 about her infertility struggles and the next year, she is posting about her newborn."
And then I read more, and more pregnancies...and babies...

I don't know why, but when I follow people's stories day-to-day and hear of their success, it's like they are on "the other side." They have moved on. And I am left behind. It's so personal.
But this was not a day-to-day snapshot, this was a year-to-year snapshot, and many blogs I had never read....which somehow made those successes a bit easier to swallow, not so "in your face" or something.

And it was the numbers. It wasn't just one story (not that each an every story isn't amazingly special), but there was power in the numbers. This didn't just happen once or twice...it happened A LOT. Dreams were being realized. Battles won. For many (or dare I say, most) people, this WILL work out in the end.

But, alas, back to the personal aspect and that they are there and I am here, childless....
but what I realized after reading so many entries from that Creme list and seeing their outcomes, is that they really were in my shoes at one time too. And guess what???
I could be in theirs someday too.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you'll be on the other side too, sooooon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make it to the other side. When we are in the day-to-day of it, it seems like it is never ending...especially when we are in the year-to-year of it. But, taking a grand sweeping glance at our life, this will be but a few years in hopefully a long, healthy, happy, family-filled life.

    Thanks for your perspective on my E2 levels and respective worrrying!! I don't knwo that I'll ever figure out how to stop worrying, but I am working on finding the right words to soothe myself. :>

    ReplyDelete