Sunday, October 31, 2010

Miracle Babies

This week I went to see one of my good friends new baby. When I was there, she was just finishing a playdate with another friend. They both have little girls who are 3 years old. Ordinarily, the thought of new babies and playdates are things I run from. But, this was different. These 3 year old girls that were chasing each other around the house, giddy from Halloween cupcakes, were both frozen embryos at one point. Both their momma's had sacrificed tremendously and gone through years of devastation before they were brought into the world. And then I looked at my girlfriend's new baby, another beautiful IVF baby. I was literally in the IVF Center when that child was conceived....because I was having my retrieval the very same day as her Mom. Of course, I was sad for a moment that my path didn't turn out like hers and that I could have a child at this very moment too (and don't). However, what was even stronger was an overwhelming sense of hope and gratitude that we live in 2010 where we have IVF and ICSI and that is what gave these amazing ladies the ability to have their family. It was just so powerful. There is a certain connection between women that experience infertility - an unspoken code, that we just understand each other. Thank God we have each other.

1 comment: