Wednesday, May 25, 2011

3rd Trimester

Is it possible that tomorrow marks the beginning of the 3rd Trimester?! Where does the time go?!! I feel like I spent the entire first trimester and most of the second worrying. I finally started settling in and enjoying pregnancy once I started feeling the babies move. Now, I am in the final stretch. It's hard to believe. I am trying to savor this time - taking pics, writing in a pregnancy journal, and being a very bad and delinquent blogger. I want to take it all in because more than likely, I will never experience this ever again.

But....I am so stinking excited to meet these little guys in my belly!! I can't wait to see what they look like and know their little personalities. I am also slightly terrified. I want to be a good Mom, an awesome Mom really. I just don't know what I am doing! I have been reading books galore. My Mom kind of laughs at me because she just "played it by ear" and I'm sure I will too when the babies arrive, but I also feel like I need to have some tools in my back pocket for sleep, feeding, etc. in case it doesn't go well naturally.

I head to the doctor tomorrow for my GD screening. I am nervous about that, especially considering the results from my fellow twin blog friends. I also get my rhogam shot tomorrow. My doctor hasn't been doing any checks of my cervix (aside from a general measurement on the regular abdominal ultrasounds), which apparently look fine. I keep asking them if they need to check further and they seem to look at me like I have 3 heads. Last time the doctor asked, "Why? Are you having contractions?" My response - no, not that I know of. But, from everything I have read from other twin pregnancies, it seems like others are being monitored much more closely for preterm labor signs. I hope my doctors aren't missing anything. Do you all think I should ask for more detailed checks??

I had one baby shower 2 weekends ago that was lovely (minus the downpour of rain in the middle of the shower that soaked everyone and everything!!) I have another one coming up in a few weeks. It's so amazing having all this baby gear in the house. Definitely makes it feel more real!

That's about it from here. Getting excited to meet these little guys!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well I know my OBs want my cervix checked all the time however... I also think there is something to having too much information. If your doctors aren't concerned then I wouldn't be concerned (easier said then done I know).

    I need to do more reading... I keep thinking I have tons of time... but who knows how much time I have and the hopefull 10 weeks could just fly by.

    ReplyDelete