Friday, August 12, 2011

Body recovery update

I am still very "weirded out" (for lack of a better word) by my belly. I just expected loose skin instead of this small baby bump with an outtie belly button. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled not to have the loose skin, but my belly just feels so mis-shapen. Here is a recent pic. I have 15 lbs left to lose as of 2 weeks postpartum. I have a feeling those extra lbs are staying with me for a while because my boobs are ginormous and feel like they weigh 15 lbs a piece!!!

My tailbone has been so sore and according to Dr. Google, apparently you can bruise or even break your tailbone during childbirth. Who knew?!!

I am hoping to bounce back a little more. My bleeding has pretty much stopped, hemorrhoids are in check and pooping going ok. The swelling in my legs is SO much better. I still have a little in my ankles and feet, but I have knees and calves again. Hallelujah!! LOL! So while many things are much improved, for some reason, I feel 100 years old. It just hurts to go from sitting to standing and I feel like I move at a snail's pace. I think it has to do with the blood loss and it's just going to take time. I am just used to being so active and fast paced that it feels strange when my body just aches and is telling me to slow down.

So that's the update for now!

2 comments:

  1. Those extra pounds will come off soon...I read somewhere that it usually takes up to 8 weeks for the majority of the weight to fall off...I'm sure you will lose it! :-) Glad to hear that your body is recovering and hopefully soon you will start having more energy and get back to your normal pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad recovery is going well -- I'm still so damned impressed that you gained over half your body weight to support your tender little niblets. I mean, DAMN!

    If you're like me, you'll feel fairly normal by the 3 or 4 month mark and then around 6 months feel so normal that you think it weird that 3-4 months felt normal.

    ReplyDelete