Thursday, March 10, 2011

We have Penises!

17 weeks today! WOO HOO! We had our ultrasound on Monday. I have been so busy at work with little time to write. Everything is great though! I think I am still in shock when the doctors say everything looks normal. I guess I just haven't felt "normal" for so long!!

Heart rates were good, both babies were right on track in terms of growth, we could measure their little femurs and other bones, and confirmed they are making pee! We also confirmed that both babies are BOYS!!! We knew because of PGD, but I just wanted to see with my own eyes. It was so funny...during the ultrasound, one of the little guys put up a hand and pushed the other one. The other one raised an arm to try and block the push. My husband said, "Oh great! They are already fighting!" Too funny! It is amazing they are so teeny tiny and yet are already doing all these amazing things.

We shared the sex of the babies with our families and close friends. Everyone seems so disappointed we don't have at least one girl. As my husband said, "Just be thankful we have ANY babies, people!!" Amen to that!! It's funny how people want to get picky all of a sudden. Oh and they are already weighing in on names. People crack me up how they push their opinions on you.

Definitely the question we are asked most is if twins run in our family. I have been saying that my husband's family does have twins (because they do)....but it's not on the blood side. We'll let that minor detail slide by though!

My belly has definitely popped in the last week and I bought my first pair of maternity pants last weekend and have worn them every day since! HA HA! I am waiting for a box of clothes a friend is sending, which I am hoping will come soon because I don't think I can go back now that I have experienced the stretchy waistbands! : )

Another accomplishment of the week is that I had dinner with a group of "Mom's of Multiples." That was a lot of fun and I think those ladies will be a great resource. It was funny...I casually mentioned that we had problems in the past and did IVF to a couple of people and I got these blank stares. I don't think there was anyone there that had twins as a result of IVF. It quickly put me back in line that multiples does not equal infertility....and not that I thought it did, I guess I just figured that some of them may be IVF babies too. So while I have great Momma resources, they will never know that side of the journey.

I checked out a bunch of books from the library and have a cart full of books on Amazon that I need to order.

We are getting there. This is just now becoming real. A belly and 10 lbs gained helps remind me of that! I really feel great though and just continue to feel so incredibly grateful. I just didn't know if I would ever be a Mom and it's just so hard to believe this is really happening!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow congratulations that is so exciting! It definitely must feel so real now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for your two BOYS!!!!!!!! That is so awesome. I am so happy for you! This post is filled with joy and it's lighting me up, to be perfectly honest. Keep on keeping on, you are doing awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great ultrasound. Two boys sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie this is such wonderful news!! It made me laugh when I pictured the two having a tussle in your tummy. How adorable. So glad for you :) Are you showing now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!!!! i want 2 boys so badly! so happy for you!!! congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaaaaay for boys! congrats! i think we have at least one boy in there too! not sure if we'll find out ... but we might next week. we'll see!

    i love the tidbit about multiples not equaling IVF. great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! That is amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete